Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Rachel-isms

R: "Mommy, what's that?"

Me: "A duster."

R: "What do you use the bass-ter for?"

*hysterical laughter from Ben*

Me: "No, it's a DUSTER."

R: "How do you hold the bass-ter?"

*Ben is now doubled over practically on the floor. To be fair, so am I.*

*************************************************************************************

Yesterday Rachel and I shared the last piece of birthday cake leftover from Grandma Fern's birthday party. Rachel demolished her piece in no time and then made the following comment upon observing that I had not yet consumed all of my piece.

R: "Mommy, I'm ready to share your piece now."

Sadly, it worked and she got more!

*************************************************************************************

Upon receiving a beautiful mostly blue stuffed elephant from Aunt Rebecca:

Me: "Rachel, what will this elephant's name be?"

R: "YELLOW ELEPHANT!"

To be fair, there is precedent for this. This summer my mother bought her a pink & purple foam elephant at the African Lion Safari. It was promptly named Blue Elephant. And yes, she knows her colours!

No comments: