Friday, April 24, 2009

Kid funnies

Tonight I asked Anna how her dinner was. "Good!" she replied cheerfully while Ben and I both did a double take. Her vocabulary cracks me up. She says something that sounds distinctly like "High-chair!" when I ask her to go to her high-chair for a snack. She also walks over to it as she says it so she's quite clear about what she wants.

Anna has also taken to walking over to the fridge and tugging on the handle when she wants a bottle of milk. Smart kid!

At Rachel's weekly cooking class, she always asks to take a sample home for us to try. This week they made a fruit dip, so she brought home some dip and several pieces of fruit. Since she knew that I had a rehearsal that night and wouldn't be home right away to eat it, she started to say that Ben and I could have it for a snack... Then she stopped herself and asked, "Wait. Mom, do you and Dad have bedtime snacks?" Oh yes. Yes, we do. It's not necessary for the kids to know about the ice cream in the freezer or our secret (currently non-existent) chocolate stash, is it?!?

No comments: