I suggest scrolling down to read the previous post first. Otherwise this post might confuse you.
We are in love with the new house. Although it has more insect friends than I would like, it is basically clean, spacious and cheaper than the other house! (We are ignoring the complete and total negation of savings due to taking this house before the other lease ended. We are also ignoring the savings the development company offered us to stay in the other place.)
However, I am still Jane. Here is a short list of the fun things we've dealt with this weekend:
1. The air conditioning isn't working. As I type, it's about 82 upstairs. No wonder I'm not exactly motivated to get things unpacked and put away.
2. The gate we have for the top of the stairs had to be mounted a few inches off of the ground due to the location of the bannister. This may or may not prove to be a problem. I don't think Anna could get her big head under there, but she could potentially get stuck. We'll likely have to go check out Babies'R'Us to see if there are any gates there with different mounting options. We love our new walk-through bottom-of-stairs gate though!
3. The dryer plug from our dryer does not match the dryer outlet. Oops. Ben went to Home Depot and bought a new plug on the advice of the salesperson there. He got it home and discovered that while the plug would now fit into the outlet, the connectors would not connect the cord to the dryer. Back to Home Depot he went, only to find that Kenmore has unique "quick connectors" and so the cord he bought will not work. I see a visit to Sears in our future.
4. Because we moved so quickly, we hadn't yet arranged for a fridge. We've been making do with frequent trips to the old house and lots of ice in a cooler to keep some milk overnight for a certain 17-month-old. This morning we went up to Nebraska Furniture Mart (the local equivalent of IKEA) and bought a cheap Frigidaire that will be delivered TOMORROW! We didn't see the point in spending a lot of money on something that we'll just sell next summer when we move again.
Now for the good things:
1. We're all done moving for another year or so!
2. We now have a separate office so I can actually get stuff done and not have to put away all my paperwork at the end of the day!
3. Ben's a whopping 2-3 minutes closer to his job in Warrensburg!
It's been a great weekend, wouldn't you say?
No comments:
Post a Comment