Sunday, April 25, 2010

Dinner conversation

We like telling Anna that the food she eats is in her tummy because she flat out does not believe us. "Nooooo!" she'll say, giggling. "It's not in my tummy! It's in my mouth!"

Tonight at the dinner table we discussed how we chew food, swallow it, and it goes down our esophagus. Rachel was perturbed that I immediately went to tummy, intestines and bowels without any mention of various other organs. She has a book on the digestive system and probably knows more about it than I do!

We thought it would be funny to tell Anna that the food we eat turns into poop, or at least that's what happens to the parts that the body no longer needs. Rachel then wanted to know if food turns into poop only and drinks turn into pee only. We talked about how some foods have more water in them than others and then Rachel wanted to know if drinks could turn into poop. My comment was that it would be highly unlikely since drinks are liquid to start with.

"What about a stiff drink?" she asked innocently.

"I could use a stiff drink right about now," I said to Ben. He concurred.

No comments: