Saturday, May 12, 2012

Best homework ever

Rachel had some catching up to do in her parasha book this past week. Each week they read the Torah portion for the week and then have several workbook pages to do. As she was working, she told me that she needed to get her siddur (prayer book) so she could double check the blessing for brit milah (covenant of circumcision).

I went over to see what she was working on and confirmed that she needed to write out the blessing. This was on a page where a picture was also required of her. "Rachel," I asked, "What do you think you're supposed to draw here?"

"I don't know," she said. "Wait! Maybe I should draw a picture of a person having a brit milah!"

We ran out of time for her to finish so she didn't get to the picture, but I had the hardest time not laughing. It reminded me of when we were reading a book that talked about various things including having a bris. Once we had explained it to Rachel, she asked in a concerned tone of voice if that was a one-time thing or if the boys had to keep having it done. Ouch.

No comments: