Thursday, November 02, 2006

Rachel Funnies

This morning as we were driving to Kindermusik, we passed a huge flock of birds. Rachel noticed and commented on them:

"There are birds walking on the ground. And birds flying in the air. Good jobs, those are good jobs for the birds."

Ben and I both burst out laughing. She's just so cute sometimes, we can't help it! (and nope, we're not at all biased, are we?)

This afternoon Rachel and I went shopping in Independence while Ben was at classes. I love the mall there because it literally has every store I would want to go to all in one place! It also has a great childrens' play area. Rachel was in and out of the stroller depending on the store and her mood. When we reached the Disney store, Rachel was very excited. She kept telling me about all the things I was going to buy for her. Ha. I had promised her last week that once she started using the potty I would take her to the Disney store to choose a special cup. So we went to look at the fancy cups. The ones that Rachel liked were tumblers with straw/lid and a snow globe at the bottom.

At first she wanted Ariel. Then Aurora. Then Tinkerbell. She finally settled on Tinkerbell when I told her that she could only have one cup. Then she proceeded to tell me that DAD wanted a Belle cup and that we had to get one for DAD. I don't think so.

3 comments:

Jane said...

To my mother: Before you tell me, I realize that children's should be spelled that way and not childrens' - it is very late at night. I blame that. I also have no clue how to fix it right now. I just thought that you should know that I am aware of most of my grammatical errors. Me is sure that speeling are something I do good at. Hahaha.

Laura said...

This former English teacher is going to slap your wrist, Catholic school style, for your bad grammer.
Pot calling kettle black? Well, yeah, BUT....

Jane said...

But Laura, if you're going to slap my wrist then you need to spell grammAr correctly. ;) Cut me some slack, I just used packing tape to tape gloves on my child so that she can't suck the insecticide off of her thumb tonight!