Saturday, January 13, 2007

Interpretation is everything.

At preschool this week, the kids have been talking about what it means to do a mitzvah. Last week they were sent home with a leaf. The idea was that the parents would write down a mitzvah (basically, a good deed or kind act) that the children did, and return it to school where it would be hung on the mitzvah tree. This week we got snowflakes.

Since we were away last week, we had two mitzvot to do. I asked Rachel for her ideas. She suggested picking up her toys. I then suggested helping to make her bed. We did both of these things yesterday and Rachel was very proud of herself. She kept asking what her next mitzvah would be. Hehe.

Last night as we tucked Rachel in and we recapped her day, she informed us of another mitzvah:

"I pooped! That was my last mitzvah!"

While I agree that pooping in the potty was a kind act since it meant that I didn't have to clean up poopy pants, I think some more discussion is in order.

No comments: