If you don't understand or appreciate sarcasm, stop reading right now. ;)
This morning there was a thin layer of ice on the roads. Ben spent about 10 minutes scraping ice off of the van before we could go out. It was overcast, but no snow yet.
All schools have been closed. UMKC cancelled the afternoon classes. This is good, because now Ben doesn't have to drive in for one orchestra rehearsal. However, it's pretty much flurrying out there. There are big flakes but they're coming down S-L-O-W-L-Y. To be fair, the wind is blowing a bit too. Oh, I am so scared.
For those of you that use instant messaging and are familiar with the smiley guy that's ROFLOL (rolling on the floor laughing out loud), that's exactly what Ben and I were doing about 5 minutes ago. Now I don't deny that the "storm" will probably get worse. I guess I just don't understand the pre-emptive school closings.
While we're at it, it was 56F (14C) yesterday. Rachel's pre-school class stayed indoors to play. Um, ok. The school handbook says they go out if it's 32F (0C) and sunny. It was dark, cloudy and windy but didn't rain all day.
There's no place like home.
I'm editing this at 1pm to add that it has almost stopped snowing. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment