We've been talking a lot about getting an animal blankie for Anna, but unfortunately the Toy Shoppe here in London has stopped carrying them. We were hoping to get one while we were in Kansas City in April, but didn't make it to the toy shop where we've seen them in the past.
For the past week or two, Anna has been sleeping poorly at night. She'll go down nursing around 7:30 or so, but then promptly wake up 45 minutes later thinking she's all done. Um, NO. She usually nurses back down, but lately I've had to rock her and/or lie down with her. Much as I love spending the time with her at the end of the day, I'm exhausted by then and really need her to sleep on her own.
Last night we tried an earlier bedtime since that has worked wonders with Rachel. Anna fell asleep by 6:15 but was up at 7:15. In desperation, I finally shoved Sucky in her mouth (yes, the soother is named Sucky. Get over it already!) and put Olly in next to her. Her cute little fingers wrapped around Olly and she snuggled up with him, and the next thing I knew it was after 1 a.m.! I fell asleep nursing Anna and woke up again around 3 or so. She nursed again, and was back in her crib at 3:30 and slept until 6:30!
As I type, Anna is finishing up a nice nap courtesy of Olly the Elephant:

Rachel doesn't mind lending Olly to Anna, but she knows that it's only temporary. And yes, I'm sure we'll be making good use of Olly's twin brother, Phil, until we can get some different animal blankies for Anna!
No comments:
Post a Comment