Monday, March 09, 2009

How is it possible...

...that in just over 4 weeks we will have a 5-year-old!??! The video in the post below was Rachel's "debut" of the four questions during the Passover seder last year. I brought up the subject today and she informed me that she didn't remember how to do it. I suspect that they will work on this in preschool. I told her that she has to help Anna to learn how to do it now!

Speaking of Passover, the first seder falls on Rachel's fifth birthday. Luckily, her party will be before Passover starts, so no yucky pretend cakes this year. (Hey, who are we kidding? A cake made with primarily potato flour is NOT tasty, no matter how much kosher-l'Pesach icing you slather on it!)

Rachel has a very specific idea of how her birthday will be celebrated. On the first day of pre-K, I took her to Build-A-Bear and she stuffed an elephant, her beloved Diana. In a fit of either stupidity, insanity, or both, when she asked about the next time she'd get to come, I told her that we could do it again on her birthday. For over 6 months now, we have had to hear about Ben the unstuffed elephant who has been waiting at Build-A-Bear for 100 years. It'll be interesting to see if she follows through with stuffing a boy elephant this time!

No comments: