Sunday, June 07, 2009

Accents... oops

While I organized our hotel room, Ben took the girls downstairs for the "free" manager's reception. Rachel had asked to have ice cream, and I'd told Ben that it would likely be easiest to charge it to the room if it wasn't included.

About an hour after we were all back in the hotel room, the phone rang. It was the bartender.

Me: "Hello?"

Bartender: "Hi, this is the bartender, Jody. I'm calling to see if you have a bin in your room."

Me: "A bin?" *looks down at garbage can and ponders*

Bartender: "Yes. Do you have a bin in your room?"

Me: *really confused* "Um..."

Bartender: "Someone had an ice cream down here and said to charge it to your room and he put the name down as..."

Me: "OH! Yes, yes. There is a BEN here."

Bartender: "Thanks."

My mother will confirm that neither one of us is much good with accents over the phone. ;)

1 comment:

Megan R. said...

Nice to meet you, Bin Gitter. LOL