Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Sleep.... dare I post?

Anna hasn't been feeling well for about a week, but her sleep has never been better! Although she's been waking during the night, she's come into bed with us and slept decently after that. We'll leave aside the issue of whether or not Ben and I can sleep well with a flipping dolphin in bed with us. Seriously, this morning Ben and I sat up in bed and watched her flip-flop her way down to the foot of the bed IN HER SLEEP. Crazy toddler...

She has been taking 2.5-3 hour naps, which is wonderful. The downside to this is that she has only been sleeping 8.5-9.5 hours at night. It makes for very early mornings still, but at least we've finally figured out that she really only seems to need 12 hours of total sleep in a 24-hour period. At that age, Rachel was sleeping closer to 12 hours at night and still taking a nap that was usually 1.5 hours, sometimes 2-2.5 hours. Clearly we were spoiled with her!

And no, we're not considering limiting Anna's nap time. It is annoying having to get both girls ready for bed at the same time (and honestly, I think Rachel needs to be in bed earlier than Anna because she (R) has been getting up way too early again), but the trade-off of steady sleep is awesome.

No comments: