Thursday, December 03, 2009

Here we go again

It was very busy at Costco this morning. The lady ahead of me and the cashier were discussing this, and then I heard one of them say, "Probably everyone is trying to get their shopping done before the snow comes."

Ah, yes. The big, bad, NOT EVEN IN THE FORECAST UNTIL TUESDAY snow. Scary stuff, especially on a sunny, cloudless day like today. While the temperatures are in the low 30s (so just below freezing), that is really the only sign of snow that I can see at the moment.

I'm driving out of town four days in a row this weekend for gigs. Do I seem worried? We don't have our snow tires on yet. Again, do I seem worried? And *gasp* I haven't stocked up on bottle water in case it snows. That's because if it snows so darn much that you can't get water, um, there's this thing called SNOW. It melts. Then it becomes water. That, my friends, is called the water cycle.

I'll spare everyone the rant on inappropriately dressed people and cold weather. Suffice it to say that my children know how to dress for winter. I even found an adorable pink kitty cat hat that Anna loves, so no hat throwing for her this year!

No comments: