Ben and I thought we'd get a jumpstart on the issue of "service providers" since we know how much fun that can be. Not being thrilled at the idea of dealing with the evil Rogers Empire again, we headed to the Bell Canada website where we were offered a live chat, transcript of which follows:
A chat representative will be with you in about 0 minute(s). Thank you for waiting.
Chat representative Anne has joined the session and is ready to help. To start, please provide your name and home phone number.
Anne: Hello, thank you for visiting bell.ca. How may I help you today?
Ben: I'm trying to figure out what options I have for service in London, ON, specifically for internet.
Anne: Sure, I can definitely help you with your request.
Ben: can you tell me if there are options other than the internet essential plus?
Anne: May I know what services do you have with Bell?
Ben: none at the moment because I live in Kansas but I'm moving to London in June.
Anne: May I have the Street name, Street number, Apt/suite, City, province and postal code to check the availability of Internet service at your place?
Ben: *Insert address here*
Anne: Thank you.
Anne: Please give me 2 minutes while I look up the information for you. Are you comfortable with that?
Ben: Yes, I am very comfortable with that.
Anne: Thank you for staying online.
Anne: I am glad to inform you that Bell Internet Essential Plus plan is available in your address.
Ben: Yes, but my original question was whether or not there were other options.
Anne: "Bell Internet service – Portable 512 Kbps" plan and "Bell Internet service – Portable 3 Mbps" plan are available in your address.
Anne: In "Bell Internet service – Portable 512 Kbps" plan you will get Download speed upto 512 kbps and 10 GB of monthly usage.
Anne: In "Bell Internet service – Portable 3 Mbps" plan you will get Download speed upto 3 mbps and 30 GB of monthly usage.
Anne: Are you with me?
Ben: Yup, thanks, that's all I needed to know.
Anne: Thank you for choosing Bell and using Bell.ca for your Self-Serve solutions. Have a great day!
2 comments:
Just Remember this:
I became confused when I heard the word 'service' used with these agencies.
Revenue Canada 'Service'
Postal 'Service'
Telephone 'Service'
Cable TV 'Service'
Civil 'Service'
City, Provincial & Public 'Service'
Customer 'Service'
This is not what I thought 'service' meant.
But today, I overheard two farmers talking, and one of them said he had hired a bull to 'service' his cows.
BAM!!! It all came into focus. Now I understand what all those agencies are doing to us.
Haha, yes, I will definitely keep that in perspective! ;)
Post a Comment