Sunday, March 28, 2010

Spring cleaning and other stuff

It's time for the annual "Oh no, Passover starts soon and we have to clean everything, everything, EVERYTHING!" freak-out at our house. So far this weekend I have done 11 loads of laundry, mostly winter gear and bedding.

Both cars (and respective carseats!) have been vacuumed out and 2 boxes were dropped at Goodwill this morning. Incidentally, Goodwill doesn't open for donations until 11 on Sundays.

*****************************

We saw a robin on the ground outside our window this morning and told Anna, "Look! There's a robin on the ground!" "No, robin! Go away! That's OUR ground!" she yelled indignantly. Yes, the two-year-old is learning about possessions and possessiveness. She's quite serious about it, in fact. I would not suggest messing with her!

*****************************

Yesterday morning Ben went to get Anna from the babysitting room at Beth Shalom. He asked if she was ready to go back to the service and she replied, "Yes, I'm ready to go back to the circus!" Some days she's not too far off there...

*****************************

Rachel is getting very excited about her upcoming birthday party at Build-a-Bear. Apparently her friends are all receiving hand-drawn pictures in their loot bags. I wasn't actually aware that we were doing loot bags since the kids will all go home with a stuffed animal anyway!! I guess we'll have to get creative.

*****************************

Anna has decided that she has to wear her dress shoes everywhere. I'm not quite sure what the brown shoes with pink flowers did to earn her disdain, but they have been rejected now for several weeks straight. I suppose I should be grateful that she's not insisting on her monkey rainboots every time we leave the house.

*****************************

10 weeks from now we'll be on our way to London. That's not a long time to finish my insane decluttering projects here! So much for relaxing now that we've turned the taxes over to a real accountant.

No comments: