Have I mentioned before how much I love the month of October? Yes, it's started out rainy and cold, but I don't care about that. October is just awesome. Crisp, cool air. No need for air conditioning. First frost will come soon, and with that, the death of allergies for the winter. Jeans & hoodie weather is the best kind there is.
And the kids would expect me to add that October means it's also pumpkin time. Anna is quite excited about this. I have yet to break it to her that I don't think the Superstore will sell the little pumpkins with faces painted on them that can be found throughout the store.
Neither kid has asked yet about trick-or-treating or costumes. I'm curious to see whether or not it will come up. We have enough stuff in the dress-up bin that I'm sure they could find something to wear, whether we just stay home and hand out candy or go to an event somewhere.
And of course now we are back to celebrating Thanksgiving in October. I've somehow roped myself into hosting a large dinner next Sunday evening. As long as I can get the kids in bed early, that should be just fine.
No comments:
Post a Comment