Anna theoretically needed a nap this morning, so Ben and Rachel went to shul without us and we took a walk around the neighbourhood. A couple of families were having garage sales, so we stopped to check things out. I almost never find things that we can use at garage sales, but today was definitely a good day to have stopped. We got a huge box of Lego including windows, doors, 2 dogs, 1 horse, several people and two little boards to build on for $6 and a complete box of Junior Tinkertoy for $3. I felt bad that I only had a $20 bill, so I told the man just to give me $10 in change.
When we got home and Anna was happily playing, I looked it up and found that the Tinkertoy goes for $20US at Target and I know that Lego isn't cheap either. The sets were in great condition and the girls are absolutely thrilled!
No comments:
Post a Comment