Saturday, October 07, 2006

Hungry child

Rachel was up at 7:30 this morning and she didn't get a nap (hahahahahahaha!!! She doesn't nap anymore unless we're "lucky" and she falls asleep in the car.) or quiet time. I decided to put her to bed at 6pm since she'd been up all day and was showing signs of being ready for bed. She had dinner at 5:30 - it wasn't big, but she ate a fair bit.

About 20 minutes after she went to bed, I heard some chattering and "woo-ing" (elephant sounds). Okay.... maybe she wants to play. I ignored it until about 6:45 when I heard the following:

"I wonder if I'm ever going to get to eat!"

At that, I opened the door and said, "Rachel, would you like a snack?"

"YES!!!"

She was back in bed by 7:10 and I haven't heard a peep since.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We go through this constantly! I figure she had a big enough dinner, and if bedtime is only an hour later (we're not napping here anymore either, apparently), surely she can't be hungry. But she always is. On rare occasions, she's tired enough that she passes out before she has time to realize we didn't do snacktime before bed.

Jane said...

Why didn't you tell me? You know Rachel does everything Sela does several weeks later. ;) I just put her to bed now and I'm hoping she won't decide to wake up for snack since dinner was almost 2 hrs ago...

Anonymous said...

You didn't ask. :P

Seriously, this "must snack before bed" thing has been going on since the beginning of [Sela] time.

The no nap (again) thing is relatively new, but I suspect it has something to do with her potty training. (We're making nice progress there, so be prepared for Rachel to train soon.) I'm not minding the 7 p.m. bedtime and 7:30 a.m. waketime, and she's actually holding up pretty well through the afternoon and evening.