If you're looking for a happy story, you can skip this entry.
This morning we got off to a late start since the 2.5 year old alarm clock did not go off until after 7:30! I left Ben and Rachel to their own devices, and headed off to teach.
Later in the morning I picked them up, and we headed to UMKC to drop off Ben for the day. Ben assured me that he was getting a ride home with a friend, so I wouldn't need to worry about coming back for him at 8pm.
It's been raining on and off all day, and it's basically miserable outside. Rachel and I stopped at the library to get some books and DVDs. She lucked out and got a Backyardigans video AND a Timothy Goes to School video. Lucky Rachel! Then we went to the post office in the grocery store, only to find out that they take cheques and cash, but not debit. I don't understand American stores. I really don't. So we walked across the parking lot in the rain to the bank. I did my deposits, withdrew cash, and back we went. After mailing the packages, I decided to get a few groceries. At that point, I noticed that R's pants were soaking wet. I asked her if she wanted to go home and change or if she wanted to get groceries quickly. She chose to get groceries, and insisted that she would sit in the cart.
A little while later, we got home. I noticed that the carseat cover was wet enough that it needed to be taken off and wiped down. I love our carseat, but it is a pain in the butt to uninstall and reinstall. In any case, I managed to figure out how to get the cover off, and I took the seat out as well. We went inside and got R into dry clothes/diaper, and all was good!
About an hour after we got home, Ben called to say that he no longer had a ride home and could I come pick him up tonight?! Apparently the friend he was going to get a ride home with had to schedule something last-minute. GRR.
So I asked Ben to try to find another ride home since Rachel is almost always in bed between 6:30-7pm. He said he'd try, and I headed out with Rachel to see if we could put the darn carseat back together. Not surprisingly, I couldn't figure it out. Rachel was crabby, so we came back inside and I put her down for a "nap" - I'm probably jinxing it by saying this, but it's been quiet in there for almost half an hour!!
While I was outside, Ben called to say that another friend might be able to drive him home, but this friend lives all the way out in Lee's Summit and that would add an extra 45 minutes or so to his drive home. :( After Rachel gets up, I guess we'll head back out to the van to see what we can do.
No comments:
Post a Comment