We were supposed to fly to New York City on Friday for Ben's cousin Lev's bar mitzvah. Apparently we were just not meant to go. On Thursday, Rachel was somewhat clingy and pre-school and a bit whiny in the afternoon, but I figured that she was still adjusting to the time change.
On Thursday night, we checked her before going to bed, and discovered that her bed was soaked. Luckily, I always make the bed with 2 sheets (and a waterproof mattress pad in between!) so that was easy to fix. However, it turned out that Rachel was running what I'd call a low-grade fever. We gave her Tylenol, but she was up on and off from midnight until about 2:30am.
We were supposed to leave for the airport by 7:45 on Friday morning. We got up at 7 (yes, I'd packed everything the night before - I even fit it all into one small suitcase, one backpack and my diaper-bag-turned-purse!). Rachel was still running a fever and we honestly weren't sure that we should go.
I went online to confirm the flight and discovered that pretty much all flights to New York were being cancelled for the day due to snow and ice in NYC. That made our decision easy, hahaha!
Rachel was pretty cranky all day and she got to watch a lot of videos. By Saturday afternoon she was starting to feel more human again, and today she is out at the zoo with Ben enjoying a beautiful sunny afternoon. The elephants are supposed to be there again as of yesterday (Where DO they go in the winter?) so I imagine that she'll be full of exciting stories to tell when they return.
No comments:
Post a Comment