Monday, March 26, 2007

Ooh, it's Mickey!



Last night we took Rachel to see Disney on Ice, courtesy of Aunt Rebecca! We made sure to get there early, and got the cheap parking. Once we were in the arena, we got our picture taken with Mickey & Minnie, and then got some food to take in for the show.

Rachel was very excited and kept asking when Mickey & Minnie would appear. Finally the show started and there they were! Rachel actually did really well for about the first 45 minutes. Then the Haunted Mansion scene came on, with ghosts, dim lights and scary music. She actually sat through most of it, then started to fuss a bit, looked at me and said, "I wouldn't like to stay. I would like to go home."

We went out into the hallway and I asked Rachel if she wanted to walk around, get something to eat and go back in, but she declined. She said that she was done and she wanted to go home. Hehe.

She has talked a lot about Mickey & Minnie Mouse today though. She loves the magnetic picture frame we got with our picture, and she made sure to show it to our babysitter the second she walked in the door this afternoon.

I'm glad we got the chance to take her, even though we didn't get to stay for the whole show!

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

She seems like such a great kid! Wish I could meet her. :)

Beka

Jane said...

:) Aw, thanks Beka! We think she's pretty great too. Hehe.