Yesterday Ben got hit hard on the left foot with a ball during his second game of the day. He was supposed to umpire a tournament all day and then do a couple of games at a different park that night. Instead, he spent close to 6 hours in the ER at Vic. I told him that it's really not necessary for him to experience all of the same things that I do during this pregnancy. Apparently he didn't listen.
The good news is that it's just a nasty bruise and should be better within a week. Ben cancelled his games tonight and tomorrow anyway, and he'll decide later this week about next week's games.
The really good news is that since he was at the ER anyway, I suggested that he bring up his Crohn's symptoms. The ER doctor said that he could push a referral through much faster than our family doctor (we've been waiting 2 weeks on that one) and Ben should hear from someone this week about getting in to the clinic at Vic.
In related news, we set up Rachel's tee ball stand today and took some videos of the umpire's kid attempting to play ball. I'll upload one later for your viewing pleasure.
No comments:
Post a Comment