We took Rachel with us to the String Fever camp concert on Thursday night. I knew that she could sit with a student's mother so I wasn't too worried about her. She had a great time.
In the van on the way home, I asked Rachel what her favourite part was. She answered that it was "looking at all the buckets." (The kids painted buckets for a craft and paraded them around the audience during the concert) I asked what else she liked and she said, "Being quiet. I beed quiet the whole time." Ha!
Finally, I asked her what part of the music she liked best. "I liked the high ones," Rachel said. "Oh good," I said, thinking that she was a sensible girl who would like to play the violin. Then Rachel followed up with, "When I get a big head I can play the violin. But first my head needs to get bigger." Ben liked that part.
Rachel really has been saying that she wants to play the violin lately, but she can wait awhile. She was talking about piano before, so who knows what she'd really like to try out.
No comments:
Post a Comment