I called Telus this morning to find out why my phone was de-activated. Apparently someone called on September 27th to request a phone number change to the account and they were somehow able to process it. I find this rather scary because nobody knows our PIN and we were obviously out of the country. So after expressing my displeasure and crying (hey, I'm a hormonal pregnant woman whose husband is still away for another week!), the Telus employee told me that she was able to get my number back but that I would have to call to reprogram the phone.
I followed the programming instructions that she gave me and got this automated response:
"We are unable to process your request at this time."
To add to that, the day that we left, we found out that our Rogers bill payment was credited to some random person's account. Apparently even though I have been paying it online for several months, the number that I used this time was not the correct account number. This makes no sense to me. The Rogers employee told Ben that it was urgent that we pay the bill ASAP. Um, no. We *paid* the bill. Our bank is straightening it out, but the Rogers employee was indicating that our services could be cut off if we didn't pay right away. Whatever.
I'm currently on hold with Telus trying to get the phone re-programmed. Let's not all hold our breath at once.
What a surprise! Now I have to take my phone in to a Telus retailer to get it reprogrammed. If I had an option to create polls on this blog, I would do it. Your choices would be as follows:
a) The Telus retailer will magically reprogram the phone and all will be well.
b) The Telus retailer will not be able to reprogram the phone and the aftermath will not be pretty.
c) GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment