Sunday, October 26, 2008

Anna, Anna, Anna

Anna finally cut her first tooth yesterday. Or at least yesterday was when I remembered to check and saw that the entire width of the tooth has finally poked through. So at 8 months and 11 days she is no longer toothless. Conveniently enough, since I developed mastitis on Oct.14 (Anna's 8 month birthday!), Anna went on a [would-have-been] temporary nursing strike. I took it and ran with the concept, so now I'm down to pumping twice a day, and Anna nurses in the early morning maybe once every couple of days.

I think she's figured out that I've taken something away from her because every once in awhile she roots around and tries to throw herself onto me. It's kind of funny! Mind you, she does the exact same thing when she sees a bottle coming her way. She'll take a bottle from me now, although she prefers it from Ben since she was already used to that. Avent finally came out with a BPA-free bottle, so we're back to the familiar bottles we used with Rachel! They're a much better size all around.

As for me, I need a new career. I can clearly no longer be a porn star without H cups. Hahaha. Seriously, I'm thrilled! I've already dropped down a couple sizes and my back doesn't hurt as much, although I'm sure that's partially from sleeping in bed on a regular basis for the first time in 9 months!

Oh, and if you've never had it, mastitis sucks. So does the American health-lack-of-care system, but that's another post altogether. I dread the bills from that fiasco.

No comments: