Saturday, November 01, 2008

A brief re-cap

Yesterday was a gorgeous day - warm, sunny, and not too much wind! We met some friends at the local petting farm and then headed to an outdoor mall for afternoon trick-or-treat. (thus keeping the concept of not going out on Shabbat while still managing to let the little elephant have some fun!) Rachel and her friend had a great time. This was the first year that Rachel really understood what was going on. She was quite adept at going up to people, opening her bag AND saying thank you!

Anna spit her way through her Halloween outfit and bib, and it was way too warm to put her in Rachel's old fleece skeleton sleeper, but she had a great time hanging over the stroller.

When I was getting Rachel ready for bed later, I noticed that there was some sticky stuff in her hair. "What got in your hair?" I asked. Rachel answered in a very serious voice, "I think that's sucker crap." I somehow managed to not burst into laughter and commented that perhaps it was time to think about getting her hair cut again since we've been having a lot of issues with tangly hair lately.

As a sort of funny aside, someone on one of the internet forums I post on commented that her son was an elephant and that was perhaps not a good choice of costume this year given the election. (The Republican symbol is an elephant.) Apparently he had people both cheering and jeering at him. Thankfully we had no comments. The last thing I'd want to do is be inadvertently "advertising" for an American political party! Oops!

Maybe next year we'll enter the world of full technicolour costumes. For those who missed my post last year (or have forgotten):

2004: skeleton
2005: cow
2006: elephant
2007: elephant
2008: elephant

I will eventually post pics. I'm on the wrong computer to do that right now.

No comments: