Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Pets

Today Rachel and I were doing some pages in one of her workbooks. She requested "Social Studies" and the pages we did were about rules and responsibility. One of the activities was to check off chores that members of your family do and one of the options was feeding pets. That led us to a discussion about pets.

I asked Rachel if she wanted a pet. At first she said, "No thank you." Then I made a comment about wanting to get a cat again. "Rachel, would you like a cat?" I asked. "No thank you," she replied. "Really? You wouldn't want a cat?" I said in a bit of shock. After all, both Ben and I have always had cats in our homes.

Rachel thought for just a moment. "Actually, I would prefer a goldfish," she said.

I got her to agree that if we get a goldfish one day, we can name it Flushy. ;)

No comments: