I have a little literalist with the memory of an elephant. Tonight Ben and I were both exhausted (so why am I still up at 11 p.m.!?!?) and couldn't wait for the girls to go to bed. Anna went to bed at 7 p.m. but Rachel claimed that she wasn't tired. Since her bedtime is usually between 7:30-8, this made sense.
I thought for a moment and then told her tonight was special. She would get special Rachel reading time in bed, while Mommy and Daddy would get special adult time. She was very excited about this, and rushed to get ready for bed. "Mommy, will you and Daddy have special adult time the whole time I'm reading?"
Ben called his grandma just before Anna went to bed. Rachel wanted to talk to Bubbie so we handed her the phone, only to hear her say, "I get special reading time in bed while Mom and Dad have special adult time!"
I would like to explain that our special adult time involved us eating a frozen pizza while chatting about things and getting the calendar up to date in between phone calls. ;) Just in case anyone was wondering...
No comments:
Post a Comment