Saturday, May 09, 2009

It's true. Every day you learn something.

Today I learned that one of the higher-ups in the nursing faculty at UMKC thinks that the American health care system is the envy of the world. I admit freely to snorting back my laughter.

I was even less amused a couple of hours later when another person in the nursing faculty commented how ridiculous it was that (for example) a history major would complain about having to be on campus for 12 hours of classes when nursing students clearly do so much more. Right, because those essays write themselves. And the books read themselves. Full of yourselves much, UMKC nursing school?

Ah, convocation. Gotta love it. I did find it interesting that no-one sang the national anthem along with the singer though.

In a few days we'll be playing for Western's med school convocation for something insane like the 12th or 13th year in a row. I can already tell you that I prefer the brevity of the UMKC convocation ceremony. We were done in just under an hour! Mind you, we probably don't sit on the stage at UWO for much more than that and it's paid social time. Hehe. I wonder if they serve drinks on campus at 11 a.m.? If they do, that's where you'll find us on Friday morning!

No comments: