Apparently in the United States, there is no law against cashing a post-dated cheque. No wonder my clients here balk at that form of payment. That's just nuts.
I've known people to post-date a check to try to keep the money from leaving their account until some day in the future and then be all bent out of shape when the recipient/bank cash the check "early" anyway.
I suppose since a check is a legal document, as soon as you sign it, regardless of the date, it's considered "in effect" and available to be cashed.
1 comment:
I've known people to post-date a check to try to keep the money from leaving their account until some day in the future and then be all bent out of shape when the recipient/bank cash the check "early" anyway.
I suppose since a check is a legal document, as soon as you sign it, regardless of the date, it's considered "in effect" and available to be cashed.
Or maybe I'm completely wrong. LOL
Post a Comment