I've spent a lot of time lately talking to Rachel about "safe" potties. We've talked up the terrible bookstore potty and made it into a bit of a joke. We talk a lot about which potties don't flush all by themselves. One thing I've worked hard on is telling Rachel that the potties at Gap are safe. Since there is a Gap store at the mall and down near UMKC, I figured that would cover us pretty well.
Yesterday was our crazy "parent switch" day, where Ben and I trade off who has Rachel. Rachel cheerfully peed at the Gap with Ben. Later in the afternoon, Ben dropped us off at a little mall with several stores including Target (which, by the way, has safe potties). About an hour into it, Rachel looked up at me and said frantically, "I have to pee at Gap!!"
It took a bit of convincing, but she finally accepted that peeing at TJ Maxx and Old Navy would be just as acceptable. In a twist of irony, Old Navy (Gap's "sister" store) did NOT have a safe potty. I quickly draped toilet paper over the sensor and then just hoped that Rachel would go quickly! She did, and all was well.
This is huge! Now we can go out anywhere!! New York, here we come!
No comments:
Post a Comment