Sunday, March 30, 2008

She's very articulate

Mom: "Rachel, would you like to have cheese quesadillas for lunch?"

Rachel: "Actually, I don't think so, Mom."

I was somewhat surprised by her response since she was so excited to have them the other day.

*************************************************************************************

Rachel has been asking me lately about counting the money in her tzedakah box again to see if we had enough to save another animal. She was set on adopting either a polar bear or a panda. We sorted and counted all the coins yesterday and there was $36.02. We needed $40. Rachel suggested that we get the rest from Daddy's wallet. Since she was so close to having the right amount, we did.

We then went online to WWF's website to see if we could arrange to adopt the animal online. When we got to the right page, I scrolled down and started to tell Rachel all what her options were. She saw the Asian elephant and abandoned all thoughts of adopting anything else! "Let's adopt another elephant! Then TV will have a sister because they will send another elephant!" Um, so much for altruism. And yes, the stuffed elephant that WWF sent along with the adoption certificate has been named TV. I suggested it as a joke after Rachel tried to convince me that the elephant wanted to go watch a video, and Rachel decided that it would be a good name.

We did adopt another elephant. Rachel was happy to know that she was helping animals, and I'm sure she can't wait to get the elephant in the mail!

No comments: