Sunday, March 23, 2008

Why does every post require a title?

The other day I was nursing Anna on a chair in the living room. Rachel wanted me to read a book to her, so I asked her to go and pick one out from the shelf. Her response? "Why do you make everything so hard for me?"

(for the record, I do not recall ever saying that to her, so I'm not sure where she picked that up!)

In other news, Rachel is surprisingly literate. She's more of a sight-reader than sounder-outer, but that's fine by me. We've been giving her snack menus lately. I'll list several options, and she checks off the one that she would like to have. This has cut down on the fights we were having over snack. If I verbally offered her 2 choices, she would reject both but refuse to tell me something she did want, or just melt down because none of the choices were what she wanted. Now she reads her menu, checks off what she wants, and we have no fuss! I don't do it all the time since I think the novelty would wear off, but it's certainly made life easier over the past week.

*knock on wood* Everyone seems to be healthy again now. Rachel still has a bit of nasal drip and is coughing some at night, but I plan to send her to pre-school in the morning unless something drastic happens overnight. Of course, my pelvic issues are sadly still here as is the nasty pain in my lower back. I tried sleeping in the bed for a whole 20 minutes last night and I'm paying for it today with more pain than I've had in probably a week or more. Since we leave on our trip for Kansas in 34 days, I'm really hoping for healing soon. I doubt that hotels provide recliners, even in the suites we've managed to book!

No comments: