Anna is 12 weeks old today. 84 days old. It's hard to believe that she will be 3 months old already next week. In some ways, she is just like Rachel, and in many others she is just the opposite.
Anna is a total "sucky" (pacifier) addict. She also enjoys spitting them out in order to make us pop it right back in. She smiles (and has done so since about 4 or 5 weeks, maybe sooner? Yes, I'm a bad 2nd-time mom who has yet to write down anything about Anna.), laughs & can stick out her tongue. I wonder who taught her that, haha. (It was Rachel. Not me. I only suggested it to Rachel.)
Lately she kicks her legs a lot and has started babbling to us. Up until about a week ago, her adorable little coos generally signified an impending spit-up incident of great magnitude. Now she is actually trying to communicate, and it's very cute to watch. One day I will get my act together and post some of the videos we have.
Anna did very well on our long road trip to and from Kansas. I actually think she napped better when we were away than she does at home.
She hasn't had formula in 19 days. I'm still amused at how that is turning out. As a side note, we have about $125 in store credit from Zellers and Toys'R'Us for returning all our Avent products since Canada has now banned the sale of products with the evil BPA chemical or whatever it's called. I'm not that alarmist about this kind of thing (and thankfully, neither is my doctor!), but I jumped at the chance to return the Avent hand pump that I bought from a former neighbour and hardly ever used. We also returned the steam sterilizer and most of our bottles. We kept a couple to use while we wait for the bottle parts to come in for the bottles that came with the pump my amazing friend K sent me when Anna was born.
Although we have been cloth diapering Anna, I will admit that I am very tempted to stop. Doing disposables while travelling was so much easier, and I have to say that I really do not like washing cloth diapers in a front loading washing machine. I find that I have to run a lot of extra rinse cycles to really get them clean, so how environmentally friendly am I really being!? We'll see what we end up doing.
Anna still likes to be held a lot, but she has started to really enjoy being on her playmat and in her swing. We bought her a Bumbo seat while in the US, and she's almost ready to use it! We will probably put the Exersaucer together soon since she is holding her head up quite well most of the time. It's hard to believe that she's already getting so big.
She was 23 inches long and about 13 pounds at 2 months. We actually have an appointment next Wednesday so I will get to post her 3 month stats then.
2 comments:
ReallyWe'ce been using a front loader since day one and not had any build up problems! (I thought you hated disposies! ;P)
Interesting... I've heard that people either love or hate their front loaders for diapers.
i'm not really a disposable fan, but I'm also not sure that it's worth the extra 3 loads /week right now, you know?
Post a Comment