Saturday, May 03, 2008

She can read!

Rachel can actually read books all by herself! On the way down to Kansas she was reading all of the road signs and asking lots of questions about them. She has also been reading the signs in the hotel.

Yesterday we went to Borders and I told her that since she could read so well, we would pick out a new book. Here's what she picked:



I'm not saying that I'm thrilled with the "literature" but she was able to read all of the words in the book! There are a few "picture words" where a picture is inserted in the middle of the sentence, but it's mostly just words!

I shouldn't be surprised. During Pesach she was reading all of the instructions and ingredients on the sides of boxes.

She just finished reading descriptions of about a dozen Dora and My Little Pony books on Amazon.com.

Grade 1 might be a little boring by the time we get there in 2 years! ;)

3 comments:

Deanna said...

you could always homeschool ;-)



wtg Rachel! Jess was an early reader too.

Jane said...

I'd love to homeschool... but I'm really not sure I have it in me these days. I figure as long as she's in the private Jewish day schools, she's doing double curriculum anyway so she won't get too bored. But we'll have to wait & see what happens. One year at a time. Or you'll corrupt me sooner or later. Hehe.

Anonymous said...

Come to the dark side, it's more fun here!
I know it's a challenge. I respect that. I just couldn't resist. :-D