Saturday, June 28, 2008

I'd forgotten...

Rachel is at Grandma Karen & John's for a few days followed by a visit at Grandma & Grandpa's house. Although we aren't leaving on our trip until Monday morning, logistically it was easier to drop Rachel off in St. Catharines yesterday.

It's so quiet. I'd forgotten how peaceful life could be with just one small baby. I know a lot of people who didn't enjoy the baby stage at all. While I didn't enjoy Anna's first couple of months as much as I remember enjoying it with Rachel, I do like the fact that she is small and cute and QUIET a lot of the time!

We love Rachel very dearly. Really, we do. But she never stops talking. She will get up in the morning and immediately continue a conversation that we were having the night before. It's comical, but also very tiring. Ben told me that he thought Rachel was going through a phase of talking all the time. I had to break it to him that she's female - it's likely not a phase!

Anna is currently napping in her crib. I'm not counting on her staying asleep while Ben and I enjoy some fresh fruit and a strawberry brie puff pastry from M&M, but we're going to at least attempt it.

No comments: