Welcome to the world of idiocy. Yesterday while I was adding up receipts for taxes, I noticed that we apparently had not received or paid any gas bills since August. Given all the bills that come in when you're a home owner, it's not that surprising that I didn't notice this. I had also signed up for epost, which is basically paperless billing where I am supposed to get email notification to view and pay bills. I currently pay all of our bills online from our bank account anyway, so this system made sense to me.
Wouldn't you think that someone from the gas company would call us or send us a letter concerning the fact that we haven't paid our bill in almost 5 months!?!?
Ben called this morning and found out that supposedly we are registered on epost, yet when I checked that yesterday it told me my registration was incomplete. The Union Gas employee told Ben that they hadn't contacted us yet because it wasn't worth their while until now for the amount that's owing. She also said that we needed to contact epost about seeing a bill rather than having them (Union Gas) send us one.
So Ben called Epost and was told that we had apparently registered to view bills on our bank account. Um, no, not on mine at least. It's a joint account though, so I logged in with Ben's info and sure enough, if I click on "view bill" I can see the last 4 months worth of bills. Ben asked why on earth we wouldn't be receiving email notifications of this and the Epost employee passed the buck and said that we needed to have registered for our bank to send us emails. Does anyone else think this is totally ridiculous?
So the upshot is that we apparently owe $383 on our gas bill. When I clicked to view the latest bill, it indicated that we needed to pay right away or it would be cut off. Isn't that lovely? The Union Gas employee said that they are apparently willing to work with us on a payment plan. I say that they're all full of crap.
Welcome to my Monday morning. We won't even discuss the hideous leg cramp that kept me awake half the night, or the pain that's come back every time I take a step.
I wonder what's next...
3 comments:
Jane - how come one minute it isn't enough to contact you about (amount of gas bill) and the next minute pay or cut-off. Doesn't make sense to me.
Welcome to the idiocy that is Union Gas. I'm so not impressed with them. Luckily we were able to juggle some things and just get it paid today. I still grr though.
Hi Rachel,
I was recently directed to your blog related to the experience you’ve had with epost and I’d like to extend my apologies for the inconvenience.
It sounds to me like you created an epost box but your Union Gas subscription is “incomplete” in that location. Additionally, it appears Ben created a separate box as part of his on-line banking profile and successfully registered your Union Gas bill in that location. That’s why when you access your on-line banking profile as Ben you can see your bills.
With regard to email notification, the epost Customer Service Representative was correct, as Ben registered for Union Gas from within his on-line banking profile, in order to receive an email when a Union Gas bill arrives he needs to enable email notification in that on-line banking profile.
I hope this helps to clarify the situation and if you have any questions or concerns please call our epost Service Desk again at 1.877.376.1212.
Regards,
epost Client Care
www.epost.ca
Post a Comment