Thursday, August 07, 2008

Ain't that a kick in the teeth...

Apparently Rogers requires 30 days notice in order to cancel services. 30 days. Never mind that we didn't *know* our move date until just a few days ago. What a great way for an evil corporation to make more money.

Time to spread the word again about how Bell Canada might be bad, but Rogers is infinitely worse.

I'm really feeling rather Orff-like again as I type this and the wheel of fate spins on. Ben is on hold right now with Rogers, waiting to speak with a manager. *sigh*

Ooh, ooh. I've edited to add an update! The supervisor is apparently smoking crack. They agreed to meet us halfway and only charge for half of the extra they were going to bill us. How lovely.

After finding that out, I requested that Ben immediately cancel our cable. After all, that's just a service adjustment. Guess what: he can't cancel our cable because they had just put in a cancellation request and we'd have to pay for it until August 18th anyway because that's when their billing period is. I don't think so. He was also told that he could not downgrade to basic cable because our account has been closed and the manager would have had to take the time to re-open our account in order to do so.

Ben hung up.

Now he's on the phone trying to get through to another rep to see where he can get this time. Because, you know, we have the time for this crap.

No comments: