On Monday, Ben called to set up an appointment with Time Warner for phone, cable and internet. The lady offered him a great deal. She explained that we're in a competitive area, and they really want our business. She then apologized that this Thursday was the earliest date they could have someone come out to install it. Three days seemed like nothing compared to thirty-three days, so of course we cheerfully accepted an installation appointment for 8-11 a.m. today.
Imagine my surprise when at 10:20 a.m. a man showed up to install everything! Imagine my even greater surprise when he left and I had working phone, internet and cable.
Of course, as a final kick in the teeth I just got an email with our "final" Rogers bill. Now that we have a phone, we can call and ask them why they think that we're going to pay it when they promised they would have our old numbers say "This number has been changed to [insert cell phone number here]" and instead they simply say, "The number you have dialled is not in service." [Insert comment of choice about previous service non-provider here.]
For those of you who need to know, the number is 913-232-9024. I'll come back and edit this in a day or so for all the freaks out there who randomly stalk my blog.
2 comments:
Is that phone number to your new home phone? Or is that your US cell phone?
I've added it to my Skype account. Now that I have free long-distance to anywhere in the US and Canada, maybe I'll call you to chat. :D
Tsk tsk. You have my US cell phone # somewhere and that's not it! ;) You should call me to chat sometime... I should email you sometime... we should IM sometime... LOL.
Post a Comment