...my good friend, H, who suggested that perhaps the blog needed a title change!
And, truthfully, Rachel rambles quite a lot these days. Mostly about elephants, but occasionally she'll discuss other topics. My Little Pony is always popular, and sometimes she even plays with dolls! Arts & crafts are a big hit around here. The mother of one of Ben's former students just gave us several "I can make" craft books. There's one for crafts, gifts, nature crafts and something else that I can't remember right now. Rachel loves these books so much that she has started taking them to bed with her. Mind you, she has also started staying up late reading in bed. Last night I told her that she could not read in bed and she was sad but slept almost 12 hours straight! Tonight I let her keep her lamp on and she is still reading in there at 8:15 p.m. after going to bed shortly after 7:30 p.m.
Anna's antics are usually amusing. Anyone who has eaten a meal with us recently can attest to that. She attacks straws, glasses, food, and anything else she can reach by dive-bombing it in a rather vulture-like way. Last night we gave her sweet potato fries (I know, bad mom!)because we were out and I'd completely forgotten to bring something for her. She loved them! I still plan to make her baby food rather than buying the jars, but I'm hoping to let her self-feed whenever possible. She doesn't mind being fed (in fact, I think she quite enjoys it!) but her hand-eye co-ordination is surprisingly good for a not-quite-6-month-old!
No comments:
Post a Comment