As Anna finished up her snack of goldfish (crackers - trust me, there is no eating of raw fish here. We'll leave that to Uncle Mark who hopefully doesn't read this blog!!) and applesauce, she cheerfully exclaimed, "Damn!" in a long drawn-out voice. Random babbling? Perhaps she was anticipating being wiped up? Regardless, I hereby proclaim that Anna has spoken her first bad word.
She has now unofficially overtaken Rachel for earliest cursing in the family. I can't remember if I've blogged about this or not, but when Rachel was somewhere between 18 months and 2, we were walking through Sam's Club with her in the stroller. There was a couple looking at some merchandise a little bit ahead of us. One of them reached out to pick one from the pile to look at and the pile came crashing down. At that moment, Rachel yelled "Oh, sh*t!" Hey, at least she was using it correctly!
And they come by it honestly. Someone cut my mother off in traffic when I was about 2. Before she could say anything, a little (anonymous!) voice from the back piped up: "A$$hole!"
I have no idea what (if anything) Ben said when he was given wine instead of grape juice at a seder when he was about 5, but I suspect that my girls learn their vocabulary entirely from me. So here's to stay-at-home moms!
No comments:
Post a Comment