Thursday, January 29, 2009

More words and things

We went back to Kindermusik this morning and Anna had a great time. When we came in, there were lots of balls around so Anna decided to show me yet another word and said "Ba! Ba! Ba!" very excitedly. She also babbles random things that occasionally sound like complete sentences although it's likely just gibberish and we're overly sleep deprived. I'm almost convinced that she says "ok" though.

Anna has now managed to sleep 4 nights in a row doing 7-8 hour stretches before getting up to eat. I am hoping that the low point of this whole sleep thing was the other morning when she got up for the day at 3:19 a.m. Ouch. She did crash to sleep on my shoulder an hour later and transferred to her crib for about an hour, but let's just say that was not a fun morning. I have a hunch that Anna's working towards dropping her morning nap as she learns to sleep longer at night without needing to eat.

Rachel cracks me up. She was playing with her My Little Ponies today and talking all about how she's invited to Scootaloo's wedding tomorrow so it's good that I offered her a skirt and shirt to wear instead of pants. I asked her who Scootaloo was marrying and she explained that because there were no boy ponies, Scootaloo would be marrying a girl pony. She was quite emphatic that this was ok for ponies because there are no boy ponies but that it wouldn't be ok for anyone else. That amused me. If you know me, you'll know why. If you don't know me, again, why are you reading my blog?

I couldn't resist asking Rachel how the ponies would get pregnant and have baby ponies. She discussed her thoughts about the ponies having invisible uteri (although she of course said "uteruses") and that they just get pregnant. She has yet to ask any questions that I'm perhaps not quite ready to answer, although I certainly won't lie to her if she does ask. I'd rather she learn things from us.

Rachel made up a card game tonight that reminded me of how a friend and I used to play "invisible euchre" in high school. She set up all of her Elmo Go Fish cards face-up on her bed and I had to guess which card was mine. No, I did not get to pick a card. I got one guess. I was usually wrong at which point Rachel would say, "No! I'll give you a hent!" (hint comes out hent sometimes around here) She insisted on playing the game until I had "won" one of every type of card.

Rachel still wants to be carried upstairs to bed every night, all 43 pounds of her. I physically can't/shouldn't do it anymore, but Ben still does it when he's home. And Anna's no lightweight either. She was close to 25 pounds at the end of November, and I suspect that she'll be around 27 pounds by her birthday.

No comments: