Friday, January 02, 2009

Murphy's Law

I've been contemplating putting Anna back into cloth diapers for awhile now. When I packed them away in July, the idea was that I would start up again once we were settled. 4.5 months later I'm finally feeling ready to start. It doesn't hurt that Anna is already in size 6 diapers and therefore we get fewer diapers for the same amount of money, so I'm slightly more motivated at this point.

Of course she had outgrown the sized pocket diapers that we had, so I've begun the process of selling them off - yes, you can make money off of used diapers! Here's to the internet!

I got a good deal on some large Fuzzi Bunz. We had tried that brand very briefly with Rachel, but the fleece linings seemed to irritate her skin, thus prompting me to share with a friend back home one night that we sold our Fuzzi Bunz on the internet. (Just read that out loud. It sounds so much worse than it is! Luckily, said friend was also trying out cloth diapering at the time so he did understand although he has never quite let me forget that moment.)

Anna has never had a diaper rash. Even when I stopped nursing her and she switched to formula only, we had no problems. So of course today she has pooped 5 times (3 in brand new cloth diapers) and now she has a nasty rash. :(

Hopefully it'll clear up soon. She didn't have any problems when we used this kind of diaper before, so possibly it's related to something she ate. It's getting difficult to monitor what goes into her belly these days. As Ben says, watching Anna eat is like watching Garfield the cat. She scoops up food as fast as possible and shoves it in her mouth, saying "Mmm! Mmm! MMMM!!!" She also digs around in the pocket of her bib looking for any stray food that might have fallen in there. It's quite funny to watch. Tonight she had challah, chicken, corn, peas, carrots and maybe even a stray bean or two. Meanwhile, Rachel ate her fries and challah, proudly cut a few pieces of chicken by herself, ate even fewer pieces than she cut, picked all the carrots out of her mixed veggies, and then tried to convince me that she could make corn & challah sandwiches. It's amazing how different they are.

No comments: