Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Cute stuff

This morning as we walked down the hall toward Anna's Kindermusik classroom, she started saying "Ba! Ba!" Now whether she could see the brightly coloured balls from where we were or whether she remembered the fun she had last week is questionable, but she is definitely saying ball.

Last night was another rough (non)sleep night. Anna took a good nap this morning but I had to wake her up at 9:15 to get Rachel to pre-school. I didn't feel that guilty since she'd been sleeping since 7:30. I believe that the words, "You should have slept last night!" may have come out of my mouth upon hearing her feeble protests.

Anna evaded sleep until after Rachel's Kindermusik class. As we were driving home at 3pm, she fell asleep in the car. She looked at me when I took her out, but didn't object at all to being transferred straight to her crib. Since I didn't want her up all night, I asked Ben to start running the girls' bath at 4:15 since the sound of the water would likely wake Anna up. A few minutes prior to that, I had gone in to check on her and thought I heard her moving around. She was moving a bit in the crib, eyes still firmly shut. I had walked in saying "Is my Anna up from her nap?" since that's what we always say while heading in to get her. Anna never opened her eyes, but in her sleep she twisted around and whispered "Nana" before curling up and sleeping soundly again.

Tonight she wouldn't go to sleep. I finally had to rock and pat her in the recliner while Rachel watched a Little Bear video. Her eyes gave up eventually and she again transferred easily. It's currently a little after 10 p.m. and I think I've been in Anna's room 3-4 times at least due to various cries and sounds. Since Ben played a recital tonight in Warrensburg, he is simply staying there tonight. (He teaches at 8 a.m. tomorrow. There would have been no point in having him come home.)

And there she goes again... I suspect that I will just rock her in the recliner tonight. She's teething and has a runny nose. Or perhaps she's grumpy about turning one next week too. Who knows?!

No comments: