Friday, February 13, 2009

One year ago...

Ben was sound asleep, Rachel was sound asleep and I was online trying to decide if I was really having contractions or not. I remember falling asleep from about 11 p.m. until 1 a.m. and feeling some contractions through my sleep.

I do know that by 4 a.m. last year on Feb.14 I knew that I was in labour. I am still very grateful to our wonderful friend H - I don't know many people I could call at 4 a.m. who would anwer the phone right away and agree to come over to watch a sleeping 3 year old!

We were at the hospital and checked in by 5:30 a.m. and Anna was born at 10:03 a.m., just 42 minutes shy of my last scheduled doctor's appointment at which we were going to discuss induction.

Since then, I have not slept more than 6 hours straight. This post is not a "let's see who's the most sleep deprived" kind of post, it's just the facts. For the last few months of my pregnancy and since Anna was born, I have not slept much at all. I'll readily admit to hoping that Anna picks tonight to sleep through the night, although I don't have much real hope of that!

We had her 1 year pictures taken today. She was overtired and doing funny un-Anna-like things such as sticking her hands in her mouth and refusing to smile. Despite that, we still managed to come away with some very cute pictures! Rachel was overtired from attending a birthday party for one of the kids in her class, so she decided that she didn't want to have her picture taken. I was disappointed since we had adorable matching outfits for the girls, but I figure I'll just have to get my pictures in April when we do Rachel's 5 year pictures!

We don't have any big plans for tomorrow. Anna's "party" is on Sunday, but as of this moment, the guests are dropping like flies. Luckily, Anna won't know or care. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thinking about you and wanted to say Happy Labour Anniversary, and to Anna--a big Happy Birthday!!!!
xoxo