I had an orchestra concert this past Sunday, and we decided to bring the kids since it was fairly short, and it would be easy for Ben to take the kids out as needed. They both did very well for the short first half.
I suggested to Ben that he NOT take them in for the second half, but I had also made the fatal mistake of telling Rachel that there was a trumpet solo at the end of the fourth movement of the symphony in the second half. So basically, she was not going to accept listening from the lobby as a viable option.
I thought that Ben would bring them in for the last few minutes, but apparently I thought wrong. Imagine my horror when during the slow movement I, along with everyone else in the hall, heard the sounds of a small child. Said small child was not removed quickly enough for my liking, but was at least removed. Said small child's older sister sat quietly through the whole concert and loved it, so that at least was good.
Downstairs after the concert, while we were waiting for someone to unlock the door to the green room, someone asked me if it was my daughter that had been crying. For once, I was quick on my feet. I responded, "No, that was my husband's daughter." Hahahaha.
I don't think Anna will be back at concerts any time soon. I had to take the girls with me to my choir gig tonight since Ben's on his way back from London. While Rachel sat quietly and listened, Anna threw herself on the floor and yelled "Kaboom!" repeatedly. At least the gig was at a seniors' home where no-one minded! (And I don't think that it was clear to anyone else exactly what she was saying!)
No comments:
Post a Comment