Last night at about 6:30pm, we received a call back from Bob the Manager. He told Ben that they were still working on our case but that he was basically willing to do whatever he needed to do to satisfy us due to everything we've been through over the past month. We let him know that we wanted to cancel our cell phones without penalty, and that we just wanted to get 2 digital phone numbers since neither one of us believes that Rogers actually has the capability to port our cell phone number.
Surprisingly, Bob was ok with that. He told us that Amy (another of his "top reps") would call us at around 8:30pm in order to set up the appointment and take care of the cell phones.
Sure enough, Amy called just a little after 8:30pm. She managed to get us an appointment for TODAY between 2-5pm. She suggested that we don't cancel the cell phones until Monday just to be safe, but that she would arrange it so we're not paying for an extra month since our billing date is the 9th.
This will be our 8th appointment in 33 days. I say that EIGHT IS ENOUGH. Who else thinks that we might finally get our phone this afternoon?
Stay tuned for the results.
In other news, the UMKC payroll issue has been resolved. Apparently they did withhold Ben's pay to compensate for overpaying him in March and April. We still owe them $45, but that's not a problem at all.
2 comments:
Fingers crossed, dear Jane!
Beka
Oh Jane, what a nightmare!
I thought you'd find this funny...
I just called Rogers to hook up my cable (I didn't want to go with them, but apparently it is the only thing I can get in my apartment building for now). Incidently, I called them yesterday, but my halfway through the phone call, my file got closed and they couldn't open it back up. I was told to call back again today. Anyway, at the end of today's call, the nice woman on the other end of the phone asked me if there was any reason I wasn't going with Rogers for my home phone service. I started to laugh, and said, "yes". She of course asked me to elaborate on "yes". I told her I had another service provider, and ALSO that my friend (*ahem*: YOU) had been trying to hook up a Rogers for for more than 30 days and that EIGHT appointments (ok, 7 anyway) had been cancelled by Rogers. There was quiet on the other end of the phone, and then a meager, "oh, ok...is there anything else I can help you with today?"
LOL.
Good luck today Jane:) I'm thinking about you guys!
Post a Comment