Tonight is Rachel's first night in her real "big girl bed". She's been sleeping on a mattress on the floor since she was eighteen months old. We bought a bed frame in December and picked it up a few weeks ago. Although Rachel loved playing on her bed during the day today, she was a bit reluctant to go to sleep tonight. She only came out of her room once though, and she was mollified by her new "elephant blanket" which is really a small pillow sham that I hadn't gotten around to putting on a pillow! She also liked that Carle (big blue elephant named after Eric Carle) could sit on the bookcase headboard and reach down to lick her face with his trunk. ;)
Anyway, we just went in to look at her and she looks so big in her big bed. Where did the past three years go?!!?
Now for the funny part: Rachel used to really love her pink bear, Grry, but over the past year or so she's relegated him to least favourite playmate on the bed. Apparently it's because he's not an elephant. I say that's not his fault, but what can we do? Grry still gets to sleep on the bed at night with Rachel and the elephants and she would miss him if he wasn't there, but it's a rare occasion when Grry gets to come down and play during the day.
This afternoon I heard maniacal giggling coming from Rachel's room. I went in and saw that her comforter was a bit messed up by one of the drawers in the frame. I asked her what was going on, and she told me that she'd put Grry in the drawer. "Can he come out to play?" I asked. "No, he has to stay in there at daytime," she replied.
Apparently Grry can come out of the drawer at night. Poor maligned Grry. He's such a nice pink bear. He was Olly's best friend before Phil, Tina, Big Tina, Horton, Finger Elephant, Ballerina Elephant, Hula, Carle, Sarah, Big Sarah, Cuddle Elephant, Ellie, Purse Elephant, Dumbo, Lumpy, Trumpet, Peanut, and Sela.
For all of you who are reading this, NO MORE ELEPHANTS PLEASE!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment