Sunday, December 24, 2006

It's funny...

Rachel usually takes in everything around her and remembers everything. Everything.

This morning we left her in the church nursery while we played 2 services. Usually we only play at one service so she has 2 short times in the nursery for about 30-40 minutes each. Today she was in the nursery from 8-9:45 and again from 10:40-11:15.

On the way home, I asked Rachel what she did. She told me that she coloured and watched a video (apparently it was Wheels on the Bus). I asked her what the picture was and she told me that it was a baby. "What's the baby's name?" I asked. No response.

Mom - "Is it Bob?"

R - "Nooooooo, not Bob!" *laughs*

Mom - "Is it baby Jesus?"

R - "Noooooooo, not baby Jesus."

Um, ok. I guess I am strangely relieved to know that questions about Jesus/Christmas are still far off in the future for us. And yes, I realize that she probably wouldn't think anything of it at this age anyhow.

As a sidenote, we were amused to hear a Jewish convert reading from Isaiah in Hebrew during the service today. She did a good job, but most of the congregation just looked confused.

We go back tonight (without Rachel) for 3 more services and a dinner date in between the second and third service. It's been a good weekend - yesterday, our gig was from 10:30-11 and 1-2, so we went out for lunch in between and had quite a nice time.

We're leaving bright and early tomorrow morning, so this blog might not see much action for the next couple of weeks!

No comments: