We left at 9:04am yesterday morning. Nothing was open along the way other than gas stations, convenience stores, and the occasional Denny's. Of course, Denny's wasn't open when we actually wanted to stop for dinner!
Rachel was pretty good in the car. She amused herself for quite some time putting her elephant in and out of her winter hat. She also told us when she needed to go potty, so we are now at 16 days with no accidents! Not that I'm counting or anything...
We finally stopped for dinner at the oasis just outside of Chicago. I never thought that I would be grateful to see a McDonalds. Ha! (I had packed plenty of food for breakfast/lunch/snacks, but we were hoping to get dinner somewhere on the road.)
About 20 minutes into our stop, at about 6:30, Rachel looked at me and said, "I need to go to the car." I asked what was up, and she said, "I'm all done. I need to go to bed!" Fair enough. Off to the car we went.
Rachel napped from about 6:45-10:30 while we sadly whizzed past my favourite kids' clothing store, Hanna Andersson (www.hannaandersson.com). We had planned to stay overnight by the outlets in Michigan City since Ben needs new pants, but the roads were so empty and clear that we figured we were better off driving further.
We ended up in Port Huron for the night, and as soon as Rachel and Ben get up, we will head to the local mall here in search of deals on pants for Ben. If all goes according to plan, we'll be in London shortly after noon!
Oh, and let's not discuss how Rachel was wide awake from midnight until about 2:30am. Ugh. I can't sleep now, and it's only 7:30. I think it's going to be a long day.
No comments:
Post a Comment